We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Uladar is a relatively young variety of table potatoes with excellent taste and early ripening.
It is famous for its unpretentiousness and high yield rates. Potatoes are bred in Belarus and are considered one of the best local varieties.
It is grown on all types of soil, is not afraid of transportation, and in the southern regions it allows you to harvest two crops per season.
Description of the variety
|general characteristics||table variety of Belarusian selection, early maturing, unpretentious to soil and conditions|
|Ripening period||50-65 days|
|Mass of marketable tubers||90-140 gr|
|The number of tubers in the bush||6-11|
|Yield||130-350 c / ha|
|Consumer qualities||good taste, suitable for frying and chips|
|Preferred growing regions||any soil and climate|
|Disease resistance||moderately resistant to dry fusarium rot and common scab, relatively highly resistant to late blight; resistant to potato nematode, highly resistant to viruses|
|Growing features||reacts well to fertilizers, requires watering in dry seasons|
|Originator||SPC NAS of Belarus for potato and horticulture|
Uladar potatoes have the following features:
- Peel - The color ranges from yellow to bright yellow. The surface is smooth, without roughness.
- The eyes are very small and superficial.
- The color of the pulp is creamy yellow, yellow. When heat treated, the shade of the pulp becomes slightly more intense.
- The shape is oval-rounded, less often elongated-oval.
- The starch content is 12-18%.
- The average mass of tubers is 90-140 g, the maximum is 180 g.
You can compare tuber weight and starch content with other varieties in the table below:
|Variety name||Tuber mass (gr)||Starch content (%)|
The plant is a bush of an intermediate type 60-65 cm high. The trunk is semi-erect with thin stems. Leaves are medium-sized green, with barely noticeable waviness on the edge. The flowers are medium-sized, light purple, sometimes reddish-purple. A separate bush forms 8-10 large tubers under it.
Uladar potatoes were bred by agronomists of the Republic of Belarus... Today it is one of the best among the table varieties of Belarusian potatoes.
The successful cultivation of this variety is carried out in temperate climatic zones. It is grown mainly in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
The value of Uladar potatoes is given by its characteristic qualities:
- Early maturity... Uladar is an early ripening variety with a growing season of 70-75 days. Like other early ripeness varieties, Uladar gives its first "young" harvest 45 days after planting.
There are frequent cases of the second fruiting of this variety per season.
- Yield... Productivity is the main distinguishing feature of the variety. At the first digging, the yield reaches 35 tons from 1 hectare of sown area, and at the end of the growing season, the yield is 56-60 tons.
The maximum indicators were registered - 71 tons from 1 hectare of land. Uladar is famous for its early tuber formation and rapid yield accumulation in the first half of the growing season.
- Drought tolerance... Uladar tolerates well not too long drought. With a long dry period, it does not need abundant watering.
- Soil requirement... The Uladar variety gives excellent performance when growing on medium and light soils in terms of particle size distribution. Cultivation on other types of soil is also possible.
- Using... Uladar is a high-quality variety of table potatoes, also suitable for long-term storage. Potato keeping quality is good - 93-95%.
- Taste qualities... On a five-point scale for assessing taste, Uladar deserves a mark of 4.2. During cooking, the pulp does not boil, remaining elastic.
Uladar is practically immune to mechanical damage. When harvesting, up to 96% of potatoes retain their presentation.
- Disease resistance... High resistance is observed to potato crayfish, potato cyst nematode, banded and wrinkled mosaics. Medium resistant to late blight of tops and tubers, leaf-rolling virus.
In the table below you will find such characteristics as yield and keeping quality for different varieties of potatoes:
|Variety name||Productivity (kg / ha)||Keeping quality (%)|
|Latona||up to 460||90%|
|Arosa||up to 500||95%|
We bring to your attention useful articles on storing potatoes. Read all about the timing, storage in winter, in boxes, in the refrigerator, peeled tubers.
Growing and care
To the main agrotechnical measures for the care of potato crops increased mineral nutrition should be added, since fertilization leads to an increase in tuberization, and, consequently, the yield in general.
In the articles on our site you will find detailed information on how and when to apply top dressing, how to do it when planting.
So, Belarusian breeders have developed an excellent potato variety, which is becoming more and more popular in the countries of the post-Soviet space.
Undemanding to the special maintenance of potato plantations and resistance to pests and diseases make the Uladar potato variety popular both among potato growers and among ordinary consumers.
In the process of growing potatoes, it is often necessary to use spraying with all kinds of chemical agents for a variety of purposes.
We bring to your attention detailed materials on why you need to use fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
There are many ways to grow potatoes. We have prepared articles for you with information on Dutch technology, growing under straw, in bags and in barrels.
You can also get acquainted with other varieties of potatoes that have different ripening periods:
|Late ripening||Medium early||Mid late|
|Ivan da Marya||Nevsky||Lorch|
|Rocco||The dark woman||Ryabinushka|
|Slav||Lord of the open spaces||Nevsky|