We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ants are very useful on the street, but in the house they do a lot of trouble: they crawl through the garbage, climb into the water tap, eat food, settle in furniture, old things and household appliances. And now it will be quite difficult to drive uninvited guests beyond the threshold of their home. It is much more effective to lay out special traps along the paths and paths of these tireless tiny workers.
Now there are 3 types of traps for domestic ants, but the most popular are these are ingenious baits with poison.
Workers are killed by electric shock. But the bait is not effective against queens and individuals living deep in the colony.
Attracted by the smell, hard workers-ants stick. Also, the trap is ineffective against individuals remaining in the anthill.
Eating powder or liquid, the insect brings poison to the nest, after which it dies and poisons other relatives. The poison is in special containers with small holes, this makes the trap safe for the inhabitants of the house (children, turtles or dogs).
DIY ant trap
If time permits, then you can easily build an ambush yourself:
- Put a bag of boric acid mixed with sweet syrup in plastic lids.
- Spread poisoned baits under the table, next to crevices in the floor, ventilation shafts, in the closet and other places where pests are encountered.
Tasting the sweetness worker ants infect their relatives and die themselves. You just have to periodically check the "ant ambush" and add poison. Uninvited residents are also frightened off by the smell of mint, makhorka, bay leaves, wormwood, cloves and garlic. Sprinkle or grease strong-smelling ingredients where they accumulate. If the insects still remain, then turn off the water and arrange cleaning: throw the scrub out of the kitchen, change the floors, wipe the wardrobes - this will also reveal the den.
More than once, home-made devices have proven efficiency and low cost... But if there is a child or some kind of living creature in the house (a cat, for example, or a turtle), then it is better to give preference to a purchased trap without poison.
Next, you will see a photo of the insect funds available for purchase:
In this video, you will learn in more detail how to get rid of annoying insects:
Further, you can get acquainted with articles that may be useful and interesting to you:
- Ants in the apartment:
- The uterus of domestic ants
- Red ants in the apartment
- Black ant
- Pharaoh ant
- Yellow and brown ants
- How to get rid of red ants in an apartment?
- Boric acid and borax from ants
- Folk remedies for ants in an apartment and house
- Rating of effective remedies for ants in the apartment
- Ant species
- How do ants winter?
- Who are the ants?
- What do ants eat?
- The value of ants in nature
- Ant hierarchy: the ant king and structural features of the worker ant
- How do ants breed?
- Ants with wings
- Forest and garden ants, as well as the reaper ant
- How to get rid of ants in the garden?