We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
From time immemorial, man has been actively fighting rats.
These annoying and even dangerous rodents destroy crops, spoil food, and carry diseases.
Therefore, the question of how to get rid of rats is relevant for many.
Rodent Threats and Dangers
Rodents that have spawned in a cellar, a shed, in a garage, in a country house or in a garden plot - real problem.
Rats able to spoil any object from products to expensive equipment. In addition, they tolerate the most dangerous diseases for humans and animals.
Moreover, you can become infected not only from contact with things on which rodent secretions have remained, but also through direct contact with them.
Rats are aggressive enough and can bite a person who is in their way.
Rats, with their powerful enough teeth, can even harm buildings.
They capable of damaging electrical wiring, as a result of which a fire can start, gnaw through floors, destroy plastic products, paper, wool leather.
The main danger is their marks on things from which a person can become infected with tularemia, salmonellosis, toxoplasmosis etc.
Rats carry over a hundred viruses and infections. These infections can cause serious injury or death. There are also many known cases of rabies infection from a rat bite.
Harm from rats and measures to combat them in the photo:
Preventing the appearance of rodents in the house is preferable to dealing with already bred pests.
First of all it is worth tackling excluding their settlements near you. How to deal with rats? To prevent rodents from getting in the cellar, shed or on the site, you should do the following:
- Keep clean in the premises, timely carrying out waste disposal.
- Install barbed nets and grilles on ventilation vents.
- Carry out preventive disinfection treatment premises.
- Store products grain in a suitable container.
How to scare off a pest
You can not let a rat into your home by scaring away. Let's find out what rats are afraid of:
The rat does not like strong and persistent odors. Vinegar, acetone, kerosene, tansy and other unpleasant-smelling substances are suitable for this purpose. Only processing with them also places a person, therefore, while processing the premises, he will have to leave.
Recently, the industry offers a lot of models for purchase ultrasonic scarers for rodents. Their feature is the use of sounds that the human ear does not perceive. At the same time, the rats do not tolerate this sound and run when they hear it.
If rats are running around in your house or in the shed, then in order to get them out, periodically turn on the device indoors.
Minus devices is that the sound it makes only acts in open space. And does not penetrate walls.
Therefore, in order to drive rodents out of the house, you need to apply several copies in every room.
IMPORTANT. When choosing a device, give preference to models with an automatic change in the pitch of the sound vibration, so that rats can get used to it.
If you want to protect your garden area from rats, you need to plant certain grass on it. The following are effective for this:
- Coriander... It is planted in May in those places that are most affected by rodents. Bunches of dry grass are tied around the trunks of young fruit trees.
- Marsh wild rosemary... It repels rodents with its essential oils, which work even at a distance.
- Black elderberry... Its roots secrete cyanide, and rats bypass the plant. Plant a few bushes around the perimeter of the plot so that the rats will not destroy your roots.
- pharmaceutical camomile... Flowers can be planted and hung in bunches in sheds and outbuildings.
- Tansy... Its sweet smell is a good deterrent.
- Sagebrush... It is seated around the perimeter of the garden area. Wormwood is placed under the vines of grapes when sheltered for the winter.
- Blackroot... It is even called a mouse spirit. Even dried plants have an effect.
All these plants can be planted on the site, as well as planting a house with them. The aroma of herbs is quite tolerable for humans, but the rat, with its heightened flair, will avoid the placewhere it is distributed.
The bunches of plants can also be laid out in rooms where you suspect rodents may appear.
These plants also can be used in the form of decoctions and oil solutionswetting and spreading soaked napkins or spraying in areas of suspected animal habitat.
Effective ways to fight
If rats do enter your home, it will be very difficult to get rid of them forever. It is necessary to immediately begin work on the destruction of rats. The following methods are used:
- Mechanical. Devices for catching rats - rat traps, glue traps, traps - are widely available on the market today. They are most effective in the case of a precisely known path of movement of rodents in the room. The simplest is rat glue.... It has an attractive smell to the animal and holds it tightly when it hits the lubricated surface.
- Chemical. The modern chemical industry has a wide range of poisons to kill rats. There are poisons that must be used with the bait and those that are already poisonous bait. Pure poison is best applied to bread, lard, sausage, as their smells are most attractive to rodents. But to cheese, contrary to the prevailing opinion, rodents are indifferent.
- Biological. Destruction of rats with the help of a cat... However, not always a cat in the house will catch annoying rodents, since many of them have lost their hunting instinct.
- Preparation of poisonous baits.
There are many recipes for the poison that can be prepared at home:
- Gypsum and corn flour, diluted with milk until smooth. Balls roll out of the mixture and are laid out under cabinets or in any rat habitat.
- Dry potatoes, gypsum, cinnamon are mixed with water to roll the balls.
- Dry gypsum and alabaster are poured into a container; to attract rodents, a piece of bacon can be buried in the bait. The effect of this method is to freeze the mixture after the rat has eaten it.
You can add peanut butter to the bait for smell.
ATTENTION! Be careful when using poisons in rooms where children and pets may be. Accidental use can lead to tragedy.
Deratization of premises
There are specialized organizations professionally engaged in the destruction of rodents. This method guarantees 100% rat-free.
The deratization process includes drawing up a plan for each room, calculation of required doses by assessing the number of rodents and the technical characteristics of the room.
The company you invited will choose the most suitable drug for the destruction of pests, prepare a room for processing, check the result.
In addition, the range of services includes preventive measures for prevent reappearance rodents in your premises.
How to exterminate rats in different rooms? Each specific room has its own characteristics, regarding the choice of method of dealing with rats.
Basement and cellar.
It is recommended to upholster the doors of these rooms with metal sheets. However, only restricting access in the fight will not help.
These are more likely preventive measures, rather than methods of getting rid of rodents that have already settled in the room.
- Sprinkle a layer of ash on your cellar or basement floor, as it irritates the skin and paws of rodents.
- The basement and cellar room is an ideal place for the use of ultrasonic devices.
- Before storing vegetables in the cellar, it is effective to fumigate it with a sulfur stick. Close all the cracks, light the wick of the checker and leave it to smoke. The action of a checker lasts about 36 hours. Then the room needs to be ventilated for 2-3 days.
The rat in the garage presents danger to the car... These omnivorous rodents can gnaw wires, contacts, damage other parts.
Rodent traps are effective. To catch a rat, you need use sesame or peanut butter as bait, it can process a piece of bread placed in a trap.
The difficulty of exterminating rodents in this room is associated with the presence of other animals in it, therefore, you cannot use poisons or gases for extermination.
- As in the basement, you can sprinkle ash on the floor of the barn.
- Spread out bundles of rat-repelling plants.
- Electronic rodent trap. It is equipped with six tunnels and does not allow an animal that has run into it to get out. Once in the right place of the trap, the rat dies from electric shock.
- Place the legs of the juniper on the floor of the barn. The needles of this plant are unpleasant for the paws of rats, they will avoid movement on them.
The rat is the most tenacious rapidly breeding animal.
It is better to prevent or stop their invasion at the very beginning, otherwise they will master the territory of your house or site, and getting rid of them will be very difficult.
Rats always strive to live close to a person, "from the table" of which they are willingly reinforced, not disdaining any food. From our materials, you will learn about the gray, black and ginger species of rodents, as well as find out what harm they cause.
Next, you can find out how to catch a rat in a barn and more, watch our video: