We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Any gardener knows that cucumbers belong to crops that grow quickly and at the same time require competent and high-quality care.
In addition to feeding and constant watering, this greenhouse vegetable also needs tying. It would seem, why is this procedure needed?
It turns out that a garter for cucumbers in a greenhouse is not only necessary, but even necessary. When it is done, caring for cucumbers and harvesting will be much easier.
Why is tying necessary?
Cucumbers are annual crops of the pumpkin family, which have a pentahedral stem and resemble a vine in appearance. Through the whiskers, the plant spreads along the ground or clings to a nearby surface. Is an light and moisture-loving. In just a season, the bush produces a considerable amount of greenery, actively absorbing the nutrients contained in the soil.
The easiest way to grow a good harvest of this vegetable is in a greenhouse, where it is much easier to create the necessary conditions for it. A garter is needed so as not to lose some of the fruit even at the stage of ovary formation.
If the bush spreads over the surface of the soil, it usually does not have enough light. At the same time, the buds begin to crumble, and the fruits lying on the ground are exposed to pests and begin to rot.
Speaking specifically about the cucumbers grown in the greenhouse, tying is necessary here for the same reasons:
- The vegetable gets more light.
- It retains more ovaries.
- The mustache does not cling to nearby bushes.
- Easier to harvest.
Many people have a question how to tie up cucumbers in a polycarbonate greenhouse? Experienced gardeners tie up the stem when the latter grows up to 30 cm.At this moment, there are already 4-5 leaves on it. If the garter is applied later, care must be taken not to accidentally injure the stem.
Ways to tie cucumbers in a greenhouse
- Horizontal way the garter is practiced directly in the greenhouse. On both sides of the bed, 2 posts made of metal or wood are installed, between which a rope or wire is pulled. The first step is 27 cm from the ground. Others are attached at 35 cm intervals. The stems are attached to a horizontal garter, along which they begin to grow. Lateral shoots usually cling to an adjacent step.
- For vertical method the construction of a wooden frame is characteristic, and, moreover, rather high: about two meters. As a rule, the upper plank is located under the very ridge of the structure. The lower plank, respectively, is placed on the ground. In this position, the plants get more light. A wire or ordinary rope is pulled between the lower and upper planks.
Attention! This method has one significant drawback. After the whiskers reach the first row, the plants begin to curl along it and no longer show a desire to grow upwards.
In a polycarbonate greenhouse, the number of stretch marks will depend on the number of lashes. In particular, each stem requires one rope, which is pulled over the greenhouse frame with hooks. The second end is dug into the ground, most often, together with a bar. There are other ways as well.
For example, tying can be carried out on a peg. For this, a wooden plank is dug into the ground. Its length depends on the height of the greenhouse. A bush is tied to a peg with fabric ribbons.
3. Mixed way used in a greenhouse, where there is a circular arrangement of garden crops. At the same time, 9 rods are driven into the soil.
This design looks like a cone. A mesh is pulled over it, through the holes of which the mustache of the bush is threaded. He, in turn, begins to braid the structure, which eventually takes the form of a hut.
4. Ideal option - trellis net for cucumbers in the greenhouse: durable and comfortable, helping to take a garden building a very aesthetic look, although its cost is quite tangible. To install the grid, posts are mounted on the edges of the cucumber ridge.
A good option would be arcs... The height of the entire structure should reach 80 cm. The arcs are made of durable material, since the structure will eventually begin to exert a certain pressure on them. The posts are driven into the ground 30 cm, then tamped around. The mesh should be selected with a mesh diameter of 10 cm. This is ideal. The shape of the cells does not really matter.
5. Traditional is and "Blinding" cucumbers... The main stem is tied to a trellis, whiskers are removed from it, as well as side shoots (50 cm from the soil)
Important! Before purchasing a trellis net, test it for strength. Pay particular attention to the connection points. In case of an accidental rupture, the entire escape will suffer.
The greenhouse net for cucumbers is placed between the posts, covering the entire space. It is pulled with a rope that is attached from the very bottom. The bottom edges are fixed first, then the top ones. The material is firmly fixed in the center. If there is not enough funding for a quality product, ordinary wire can be used.
As we can see, the methods differ among themselves. But, if you use them correctly, it will be easy and convenient to care for cucumbers. The fruits will be in sight, you don't have to look deep in the foliage. You just have to choose how to tie cucumbers in the greenhouse, which method to choose.
The simplest and most common way of tying cucumbers can be seen in the photo below:
Bush formation method gardeners began to use it not so long ago. The point is to make it up from the main stem and side shoots.
- Using this method, the central stem is attached to the trellis, in the same way as it is done with "blinding".
- Before the appearance of the first ovaries, the lateral lashes can develop without any restrictions.
- When the ovaries have appeared, the lateral shoots are artificially attracted to the main one.
- The mustache extending from the main stem is manually twisted around one of the side ones. It is best to make 2-3 turns, especially since the flexibility of the mustache makes it possible to do this without much difficulty. Over time, you need to carry out several more of the same mustache garters. Excess whiskers and shoots are removed. If this is not done, the yield will noticeably decrease. This, of course, will not please any gardener.
Note! The angle between the main and lateral shoots must exceed 60 degrees. Then the bush will not be injured.
Garter cucumbers: materials
For greenhouse cucumbers the easiest way is to use a two-meter vertical trellis. It is attached to the side profile of the greenhouse at the top. The trellis is made from different materials. Among them:
- Fiber drenched;
- Thin branches of trees;
- Textile rags;
- Jute twine.
Tapes 2-4 cm wide are easily cut from old rags, stitched or tied together, so that the tapestry of the desired length is obtained. The main drawback is their fragility and fragility.
Trellis for cucumbers in the greenhouse are made from thin tree branches, which are easy to find in the forest. The branches are cleared of lateral shoots, after which only a thin twig remains, which is fixed to the upper profile with a wire. The lower end is stuck into the soil and buried. Cucumbers are very tightly wrapped around such natural supports.
To make vertical trellisIt is best to use twine made from some natural material such as jute. It is not recommended to use nylon and nylon twine damaging shoots. Cucumber lashes, which are strongly pressed by leaves and fruits, slide down along such strings.
The twine is fixed on the upper profile of the greenhouse, then it is lowered to the very bed. They retreat from the main trellis by half a meter, after which the twine is tied, intended for lateral shoots. Plants do not tie the scourge of the plant in the presence of a net. Usually they themselves cling to the cells with their whiskers and then rise up without additional bindings. But for the mesh you will need a special frame. It needs to be built before the cucumbers are sown in the greenhouse.
In order for such a frame make yourself, you will need 8 stakes with a diameter of 8 cm and a height of 2 and a half meters. Add to this 4 slats of 0.8 cm in length and another 4 - 2.5 meters long and 4 by 4 cm in cross section.
Further along the length of the row, 4 stakes are driven in with an interval of 1.25 meters. The stakes should be 1.8 meters high when driven in. The top of the pegs is tied with slats. It turns out a frame on which the mesh is attached.
Important! The ends of the stakes in the ground can rot over time. To prevent this from happening, they need to be treated with a mixture of gasoline and salt at the rate of 200 grams of salt per liter of gasoline. The rest of the structure is advised to be treated with a five percent solution of copper sulfate.
Thus, each gardener chooses how to tie up cucumbers in a greenhouse, based on his preferences and financial capabilities. Read how to form cucumbers in a polycarbonate greenhouse on our website.
How to tie cucumbers in a greenhouse, see the video below: