We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The device of a greenhouse on the site greatly prolongs the season of active work of the gardener and allows you to shoot much larger harvests.
Exists many options for creating such structures... However, the most common structures are made of cellular polycarbonate mounted on galvanized metal profiles.
Greenhouse made of polycarbonate and galvanized profiles
Many are interested in the question of a greenhouse with their own hands made of polycarbonate and a profile - is it realistic to do it yourself... And also which profile to choose for a polycarbonate greenhouse. As practice shows, it is not difficult to resolve these issues. Moreover, this greenhouse option is gaining more and more popularity. Let's see why.
Cellular polycarbonate from the point of view of a gardener, attractive for its physical characteristics:
- light weightallowing you to do without overly powerful greenhouse frames;
- significant mechanical strengthextending the service life of the building and making it more resistant to wind and even snow loads;
- excellent thermal insulation qualitiesdue to the presence of air in the cells of the panel.
The relatively high cost of the material does not reduce its attractiveness, since very soon all costs are fully compensated. Benefits come from increased yields as well as occasional repairs.
Galvanized metal profile for greenhouses made of polycarbonate is interesting for its combination of cheapness, wide range of products and acceptable strength.
The small metal thickness is compensated by the presence of a protective zinc oxide coating. Such protection will protect the greenhouse frame from rotting for two or three seasons. After that, it will be cheaper to replace the rusted elements than to initially spend money on expensive frame materials.
In addition, special skills and abilities are not required to work with galvanized profiles. This allows build a greenhouse yourselfwithout spending money on paying specialists.
Of the shortcomings of this type of greenhouse, only the clouding of polycarbonate over time is noted, as well as the need to replace rotten frame elements. In other moments, polycarbonate greenhouses from galvanized profiles - reliable and easy to manufacture.
In the home garden, the following types of greenhouses made of cellular polycarbonate are most practical:
- wall-mounted, characterized by simplicity of design and strength;
- arched, allowing you to take advantage of the plasticity of polycarbonate, but causing some difficulties when bending the metal frame;
- freestanding with a gable roof.
The latter option is the most common, since such a greenhouse can be placed in any kidney of the site. Moreover, its design is simple enough for DIY construction.
All preparation for construction is divided into several stages.
- Choosing a place. At this stage, they choose the most sunny and wind-protected place on the site. In this case, it is also advisable to focus on the geology of the soil. It is desirable that there were layers of soil with a high sand content under the greenhouse... This will provide drainage and reduce moisture levels inside the greenhouse.
At the cardinal points, the greenhouse is positioned so that the slopes are facing south and north.
- Determining the type of greenhouse... With all the simplicity of working with cellular polycarbonate and galvanized profiles, the device of such a greenhouse will require at least several hours. Therefore, it makes sense to abandon portable or temporary options. A stationary greenhouse on a good foundation will be optimal.
If necessary, the selected materials allow you to do garden work even in winter. However, in this case, it will be necessary to attend to the presence of a heating system and to foresee the possibility of supplying the necessary communications in advance.
- Preparation of the project and drawing... If the greenhouse will be erected seriously, for a long time and not from the remnants of old material, then the availability of design documentation will be highly desirable. Projects with a drawing will allow you to more accurately determine the volume of procurement of materials, as well as reduce waste. When drawing dimensions you need to focus on the typical dimensions of a polycarbonate sheet(210 × 600 mm).
- Selecting the type of foundation... A reliable foundation will extend the service life of the building several times. For greenhouses of the selected type, several types of bases can be used:
- columnar of asbestos-cement pipes buried in the ground with concrete filling;
- columnar brick or reinforced concrete blocks;
- tape. With a slight increase in labor costs, it is the strip foundations that make it possible to increase the quality of operation of a polycarbonate greenhouse on a frame made of a galvanized profile.
The photo shows a polycarbonate greenhouse from a profile:
The following stages of the construction of a polycarbonate greenhouse are distinguished.
Preparation of materials and tools
From the materials it will be necessary:
- sheets of transparent cellular polycarbonate;
- galvanized profile for racks (42 or 50 mm);
- crushed stone;
- cement-sand mixture;
- boards, plywood, chipboard or fiberboard.
- scissors for metal;
- building level and plumb line;
You will also need a supply of nails for formwork, self-tapping screws for mounting the frame and hanging panels, as well as connectors for polycarbonate sheets.
A shallow strip foundation is prepared as follows:
- at the chosen place of the garden plot, the boundaries of the greenhouse are determined with cords and pegs;
- a trench is dug with a depth of 20-30 cm;
- a sand cushion with a thickness of about 10 cm is poured and rammed at the bottom of the trench;
- formwork is placed and fixed along the walls of the trench;
- a mixture is poured from a solution of DSP and crushed stone.
In the process of pouring concrete, it is necessary immediately insert metal corners or pipe sections into it. In the future, they will be needed to fasten the greenhouse frame to the foundation. The position of these posts must comply with the conditions of the drawing.
The greenhouse frame is assembled in a few steps:
- according to the drawings, sections of the galvanized profile are cut to the required length;
- using a screwdriver and self-tapping screws, the end walls of the greenhouse are assembled;
- the ends are screwed or welded to the fasteners of the foundation;
- horizontal beams and additional vertical drains of the frame are hung. In this case, it is recommended to use special fasteners "spider", which allow reliable connection of galvanized profiles without the risk of deformation.
Hanging cellular polycarbonate
To do this, you need to do the following:
- according to the drawing cut sheets into elements of the desired size... In this case, you can use either a jigsaw or a circular saw. In the latter case, the disc should have teeth as small as possible;
- at the points of attachment to the frame holes are drilled in polycarbonate... The distance from the hole to any of the edges of the sheet should not be less than 40 mm;
- the panel is put in the right place and is fixed with self-tapping screws with thermal washers.
The direction of the cells in the polycarbonate sheet must be such that the possibility of spontaneous drainage of condensate is ensured.
It is allowed to use ordinary self-tapping screws with caps of increased diameter. However, they do not adhere too tightly to polycarbonate, over time they can cause cracks in plastic, and also do not differ in special aesthetics.
The thermal washer is convenient due to the presence of a wide plastic cap with a hole for a self-tapping screw.
An additional O-ring is installed under the head to seal the fastener. A decorative plug is snapped on top of the self-tapping screw.
The optimal distance between the attachment points is 25-40 cm.
It is unacceptable to use excessive force when installing sheets of cellular polycarbonate. When tightening the self-tapping screws, they should also not be turned to full stop. A certain amount of free play between the elements of the greenhouse sheathing will allow the material to deform without consequences under the influence of thermal expansion.
Adjacent polycarbonate sheets need sealing... This will exclude the ingress of moisture into the cells of the panel, which is fraught with a decrease in the degree of light transmission and a reduction in the service life. For sealing, special connecting strips are used.
In the corners of the greenhouse, the walls are connected by a plastic corner profile.
The construction of a polycarbonate greenhouse with our own hands is ending with the installation of a door and additional elements, if any are provided for by the project. The door is most often made from a piece of polycarbonate, reinforced from the inside with a metal profile.
A self-contained greenhouse made of cellular polycarbonate on a frame made of a galvanized metal profile is a smart choice for a prudent owner. For relatively little money, it is possible to obtain a reliable, highly efficient and even purely outwardly attractive garden greenhouse.
We hope that our information will be useful to you and now you know why profile polycarbonate greenhouses are convenient, how to assemble them yourself, what materials are required for this.
To learn how to make various types of greenhouses and greenhouses with your own hands, read the articles on our website: arched, made of polycarbonate, from window frames, single-sided wall-mounted, greenhouses, a greenhouse for a film, a greenhouse made of polycarbonate, a mini-greenhouse, made of PVC and polypropylene pipes , from old window frames, butterfly greenhouse, "snowdrop", winter greenhouse.
Watch the video: galvanized polycarbonate greenhouses