We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Boric acid is an active substance in the form of a colorless crystalline powder. It dissolves well in any liquid. This drug is often used in folk medicine for use in various pathologies of the organs of vision.
This product has long been used for disinfection. But it is necessary to use boric acid with caution, since doctors have identified side effects from the effects of this solution. In this article, you will learn whether it is possible to rinse the eyes with this solution and how to properly dilute boric acid for rinsing.
What is it used for?
Rather, now it is used for conjunctivitis and inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eye. Despite concerns, it is allowed to use this drug to rinse the eyes. They treat the cavity of the eyelids and the eyeball in inflammatory processes.
Action from the drug
This drug is characterized by antibacterial and antifungal effects, and also has an insecticidal effect.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW! This component breaks down proteins at the cellular level and changes the isolation of these trace elements. Perfectly absorbed through the skin and mucous membranes.
Boric acid is easily absorbed into most tissues of human internal organs and accumulates in them. It leaves the body very slowly, for example, half of the solution taken is excreted through the kidneys after 12 hours, and the rest of the portion is released within a week.
Indications for use
Since the mucous membranes are excreted by increased irritability, ophthalmologists recommend using only an aqueous solution.
This drug is useful for conjunctivitis, but you can only bury it at home after consulting an ophthalmologist.
In the case of instilling 1-2 drops in one eye, the inflammation subsides after 2-3 days. In this case, the drug can be used until it is completely cured.
Which is better: solution or eye drops?
It would seem that the answer to such a banal question is unequivocal - of course, eye drops. But there are times when the use of folk remedies, and the preparation of boric acid, including, is quite appropriate.
With inflammation of the inner cavity of the eyelid, boric acid solution can be used with greater effect than with the use of some eye drops.
"Okapin" - eye drops, now a very popular solution, it is advertised on the internet, in the media and even at the fair.
But in order to purchase a real drug, and not a fake, pharmacists recommend contacting the official website of ApiFitopharm. There, a 10 ml bottle costs 640 rubles.
The price is high, but there is an alternative - zinc sulfate eye drops. In addition to the above Internet pharmacy site, this solution is available in pharmacies and on other official resources, such as Proglasa.ru, Fitomaks.ru.
It is available in a 5 ml dropper tube and its price starts from 160 rubles, depending on the concentration. Typically, eye drops are sold at a dosage of 0.1, 0.25, or 0.5% zinc sulfate and 2% boric acid.
Instructions for use
First, let's look at how to dilute the composition:
- To obtain a 2% solution of acid for the eyes, you first need to prepare a vial, preferably with applied weight strokes. Rinse and rinse it first.
- Pour 2.4 grams of boric acid into a measuring bottle and pour 120 ml of boiling water into it. Stir this mixture thoroughly.
- Then you should strain the solution through cotton wool or a multilayer gauze bandage.
- Pour into another prepared (sterile) vial, close tightly with a stopper. Store on the top shelf in the refrigerator.
When using such a drug, this procedure is carried out by applying a piece of cotton wool soaked in a solution on closed eyelids, while using a piece swab for each eye.
Selection of finished drugs
Boric acid is an antiseptic substance. And together with "Zinc sulfate", which is used in eye drops, this product is absorbed in the smallest proportions.
And this, in turn, has a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane of the eye and does not cause side effects, which could be possible with the separate use of these solutions.
IMPORTANT! These eye drops are effective and promote faster healing.
Can children be cleaned?
To date, there is no data on tests conducted in children under eighteen years of age. In this regard, ophthalmologists do not have the right to recommend this drug for treatment in this age group, since they have an increased possible appearance of a toxic reaction due to an unformed organism.
Before use, adult patients need:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and then treat with an antiseptic.
- Then carefully open the tube according to the attached instructions.
- Put on a dispensing nozzle and drop one or two drops into the outer corner of the eye. To do this, the head should be thrown back and tilted to the side so that the drops flow to the inside of the eye, while the lower eyelid is pulled.
The solution is applied with a break of 12 o'clock in the morning and evening. You can store it in an open tube for up to two weeks.
Duration of treatment
With conjunctivitis, the drug promotes recovery if there is:
- purulent discharge;
- hyperemia of the mucous membrane.
The duration of treatment depends on the nature of the disease, as a rule, therapy lasts 7 days. It should be borne in mind that the treatment is strictly professional. When prescribing drops, the optometrist takes into account their properties.
The elements contained in the preparation do not significantly cause side effects. But if the patient has an overdose at the time of contact with open wounds, mucosal injury, or prolonged use, then this can cause the phenomenon of chronic intoxication.
It is expressed by the following symptoms:
- swelling of tissues;
- high temperature.
In special cases, it happens:
- changes in the central nervous system;
- pain inside;
Many people develop eye diseases during their lifetime. This means that most problems can be avoided with the help of preventive measures.
For this you need:
- Regularly undergo medical examinations with an ophthalmologist. They determine all eye diseases at an early stage, which will allow to prevent its development in a timely manner.
- Competent food. You need to eat foods that have a beneficial effect on eye health. It is necessary to include in the diet such food that would contain vitamins A, C and E.
- Keep the figure in shape. It's not a secret for anyone that excess weight has an adverse effect on the quality of vision, since in such a state a person has increased pressure on the vessels that provide blood supply to the eyes. And if we take into account that they are too thin, then, accordingly, they can be easily damaged.
In addition to those mentioned, there are several more prerequisites for the prevention of eye diseases, namely:
- timely rest;
- the use of sunglasses;
- to give up smoking.
By following these simple preventive measures, it will be possible to prevent many eye diseases, and in case of occurrence, it is possible to successfully slow down their development. Protect your eyesight.