We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Many people know about the benefits of ginger. Ginger root has been actively used since ancient times, especially in the East, both as a spice and as a medicine.
What is the usefulness of this plant, and maybe someone should not use it?
Is ginger really able to increase immunity and defeat many diseases, how to prepare formulations to increase tone, brew and consume infusions correctly, drink tea and eat mixtures to strengthen the body: recipes with lemon and honey, cooked through a meat grinder and not only. The answer is in this article!
Ginger is really a storehouse of trace elements and vitamins.... The following substances will serve as immunostimulants useful for our health:
- vitamin C;
- vitamin A;
- vitamins B1 and B2;
- natural herbal antibiotics;
- sesquiterpenes, which are needed by the human body to fight rhinoviruses.
Benefit and harm
- Ginger stimulates metabolism in the body, destroys pathogenic bacteria, is able to fight most types of fungus, parasites cannot stand it.
- This plant promotes the production of antibodies in the blood. Cell renewal occurs under the influence of ginger.
- It cleans the walls of blood vessels from cholesterol plaques.
- Strengthens and tones the body, preparing it to resist bacteria and viruses, low temperatures and other autumn-winter troubles.
- Essential oils also have therapeutic benefits.
To enhance its effectiveness, ginger should be consumed regularly. (about the rate of consumption of ginger per day and whether it can be consumed daily, read here). Do not expect that having drunk ginger tea once, you will provide yourself with "insurance" against colds and flu for the whole year. The accumulation of vitamins and minerals occurs gradually. Therefore, in order to meet the "ARI season" fully armed, you should start taking ginger remedies in the summer. You can read about the use of tea with ginger for colds in this article, and we wrote about the most effective ways to use the root for such a disease here.
However, do not forget about the individuality of each organism - listen to yourself! If taking ginger is causing you unpleasant reactions, try temporarily reducing your intake.
There are also limitations:
- do not give ginger to children under 3 years old;
- absolutely exclude people who are allergic to ginger;
- not recommended for those who have an ulcer or gastritis, do not tolerate spicy foods and spices;
- can cause a negative reaction in diseases of the liver and biliary tract;
- take hypotensive with caution;
- since ginger lowers blood pressure.
How to prepare formulations for raising the tone and strengthening the body: popular recipes
The best combination if you want to "pump" your immunity: ginger, honey and lemon, as well as some herbs (for example, mint, lemon balm) and dried fruits.
There are several effective recipes.
Ginger tea with lemon and honey
Ingredients for 1 cup:
- 250 ml hot water;
- 1 tsp dry tea;
- 1 tsp chopped ginger;
- 1 tsp honey;
- 1 lemon wedge.
- Pour green or black tea into a teapot (scalded with boiling water).
- Add finely chopped or grated ginger.
It is better to clean the root just before use, or rinse thoroughly and leave the skin. If peeling, try to cut off a very thin layer of the peel, as the layer underneath is saturated with essential oils.
- Then add lemon and honey.
- Fill with hot boiled water (not boiling water, let it cool for 1-2 minutes).
- Close with a lid, wait 3-5 minutes.
- We are enjoying a wonderful and healthy drink!
This tea is recommended to be consumed in the morning and in the evening throughout the entire autumn-winter season.... It is an excellent remedy for the prevention of colds and flu. In this drink, you can replace tea with fireweed - such a drink will be even healthier! You can read about the use of ginger with lemon in this article, and with the addition of honey - here.
The process of making ginger tea is clearly demonstrated in the video:
With dried fruits
Ingredients for 1 liter of boiling water:
- 3 tsp dry tea;
- 1 tsp chopped ginger (or 0.5 tsp dry ground powder);
- 30 grams of dried fruits (apples, pears, raisins, dried apricots are suitable);
- 1/3 lemon;
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Better to prepare a drink in a thermos.
- Put everything in a thermos (or teapot).
- Pour boiling water over.
- Close (if in a teapot - wrap in a towel).
- Let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- Add honey or sugar to taste and have a cup of incredibly delicious tea!
Drink on the water
Ingredients and proportions in the recipe for boosting immunity:
- 100 grams of ginger root;
- 1 liter of water, honey and lemon to taste and desire.
- Grind the rhizome with a grater or meat grinder.
- Pour boiling water over and leave for 1 hour.
- Strain and refrigerate.
- Consume 150-200 ml per day, slightly warming up. You can add honey and lemon.
Perfectly helps with the first signs of a cold and weakening of the body. You can find out about what is useful and how to drink mineral water with ginger in another article.
Tincture with vodka or alcohol
- 400 grams of ginger root;
- 0.5 liters of vodka.
- Finely chop the root.
- Take a dark glass container, place the cooked "porridge" there.
- Pour with vodka (you can use medical alcohol, previously diluted to 40 degrees).
- Leave for a week in a cool dark place (not a refrigerator!), Shake the bottle well once a day.
- Strain the tincture - it is ready to use.
Apply 1 tsp. before meals in the morning and evening.
Strictly adhere to the dosage - this is the strongest ginger-based remedy!
This tincture normalizes the work of the whole organism, stimulates immunity, and restores after a long illness.
Another way to make ginger tincture is shown in the video:
- 3 lemons;
- 300 grams of ginger;
- 200 grams of honey.
- Peel and grind the root in a meat grinder.
- Rinse the lemon and grind in a meat grinder along with the zest.
- Mix the mixture with honey (it is better to use liquid honey, or melt it first in a water bath, avoiding boiling).
- Transfer the resulting composition to a glass container, close the lid and put it in a cool dark place (not a refrigerator!) For a day.
- Then it can be consumed and now kept in the refrigerator.
Method of application: in the morning before meals, eat 1 tablespoon (adults) or 1 teaspoon (children). The mixture should be consumed every day for 1 month., then take a break for a month, and repeat the course again.
The subtleties of preparing the mixture can be seen in the video:
Freshly squeezed ginger juice
Juicing is pretty easy. It is necessary to peel the root, grate and squeeze through clean gauze (bandage). For one dose, 1 tsp is enough. the resulting liquid.
Ginger juice is very rich, so you can drink it only a little, better diluted.
Fresh ginger juice has more contraindications than other similar drinks... It should not be used for exacerbation of diseases of the digestive system, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, children under 3 years of age, with problems with blood pressure, at high body temperature.
The juice has a specific taste. We recommend adding it to other drinks - vegetable or fruit juices, tea, milk, water. Daily consumption is no more than 1-2 teaspoons. It is better to start with a few drops, gradually increasing the dosage.
Possible side effects
Despite all the usefulness of ginger, do not forget that it, like other spices, can cause allergies. Ginger should be used especially carefully for children..
To check if the body has a non-standard reaction to this plant, carry out the following test: you need to give a child or an adult a few drops of ginger juice 30 minutes after eating. Then observe the body during the day.
The following reactions may occur:
- Swelling (throat, nose).
- Redness of the skin.
- Cough, difficulty breathing.
- Runny nose.
- Gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting).
These symptoms do not always manifest themselves in a complex manner, but if you notice any of them after consuming ginger, it is better to consult a specialist and check whether you really have an allergy to this product.
Remember that this popular spice is added to many dishes, baked goods, and cosmetics. Knowing in advance that this plant is dangerous for you, you can carefully choose food and cosmetics, which means you can avoid unpleasant consequences.
So, ginger is a useful and natural helper in the fight against many diseases... He is really able to raise your immunity and help you survive the "season of cold weather and viral attacks" without loss. But, as in any business, it is better not to overdo it. Take precautions, consume ginger in moderation, listen to the sensations of your body and be healthy!