We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fennel is a plant belonging to the umbrella family. Fennel is a relative of dill, a rather exotic plant for our region.
Fennel has been known for centuries. Throughout this time, it has been successfully used in both cooking and medicine.
You don't often see him in the gardens. However, it has medicinal properties and may be useful for newly born babies. In this article, we will consider the instructions for use for various ailments of infants.
Can a fresh plant be suitable for babies?
The fennel plant is used almost entirely - seeds, leaves, roots. They can be consumed both dry and fresh. Any form is suitable for newborns, the main thing is to prepare them correctly and observe the dosage.
Learn more about the beneficial and medicinal benefits of fennel for children here.
Are broth, fruits, tea allowed?
Fennel can be given to babies in the form of tea, infusion, decoction, dill water made from essential oil. It can also be used as a bath to soothe a newborn.
You need to prepare a remedy immediately before use. (except for dill water). The rest of the tea can be drunk for mom. This will be beneficial both for her, and through milk, it will additionally have a beneficial effect on the baby.
You can mix the prepared product with breast milk and give it as it is.
- Contains essential oils with antimicrobial, antispasmodic effect.
- Contains trace elements that have a beneficial effect on the digestive and cardiovascular system.
- Contains vitamins necessary for a newborn.
|Name||Quantity per 100g|
|Vitamin A||135 IU|
|Vitamin C||21 mg|
|Vitamin B3 or PP||6.05 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.47 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.35 mg|
|Vitamin B1||0.41 mg|
Harm and contraindications
Fennel is safe for babies as long as the dosage is followed exactly. At the same time, some children may have allergies, so it should be given carefully.
Allergies may not appear immediately, but after 4-5 days. Mom should refrain from new products at this time in order to exclude a reaction to them when a rash appears. Always consult your pediatrician before use.
Are there any restrictions?
It should be remembered that fennel is not given as a preventive measure. The baby's body will get used to this remedy, and when the need really arises, the medicine will not work.
In addition, epilepsy, blood clotting disorders and cardiovascular diseases are contraindications.
How to give, instructions for use
If the baby is worried about the tummy, then from the second week you can give him fennel:
- On the first day - 0.5 teaspoon. It is necessary to make sure that such a product does not cause an allergic reaction. If you experience a rash or itching, you should stop taking fennel right away.
- If everything is normal, gradually bring the dose to 3 teaspoons per day - one in the morning, afternoon and evening before feeding.
- From the age of 1 month, the dose can be increased to 6 teaspoons per day.
How to brew for colic?
In the first months of life, the baby's digestive system is imperfect. Because of this, babies experience unpleasant sensations - colic - that cause crying and discontent. Although colic will go away on its own over time, this period is not easy for parents. Fennel can help, soothe the discomfort in a newborn.
For colic, you can use a decoction, infusion or tea made from seeds, herbs or roots. You can also use the essential oil in the form of "dill water". You can do it yourself or buy it at the pharmacy.
- Chop 5 grams of roots;
- pour 200 ml of boiling water;
- cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat;
- then leave to infuse for 10 minutes;
- filter and cool.
- Dissolve 0.05 g of essential oil in 1 liter of boiled water at room temperature;
- can be stored for a month in the refrigerator;
- shake and warm slightly before use.
To calm down
The fennel solution can be added while bathing the infant in the tub. This will help calm the nervous system and will also have a beneficial effect on the skin.
- mix 1 tablespoon of fennel leaves and chamomile flowers, 2 tablespoons of licorice, marshmallow and wheatgrass roots;
- pour herbs into a jar and brew in boiling water;
- leave for several hours, strain through a strainer, add to the bath before bathing.
To improve digestion
Fennel improves intestinal motility. Thanks to this, gases escape more easily and do not cause discomfort. In addition, products with fennel improve gastric secretion, which means they increase the quality of food digestion.
- take 1 teaspoon of herbs (dry or fresh);
- boil water and pour 100 ml into the prepared raw materials;
- after 1 hour, strain through a sieve and cool.
Fennel contains organic acids, antioxidants, antimicrobial agents, and vitamin C, which help boost immunity and disease resistance.
- crush 2-3 grams of seeds in a mortar;
- pour a glass (200 ml) of boiling water and cover;
- after 0.5-1 hour strain through a strainer;
- add cold boiled water to bring the volume back to 200 ml.
Fennel is one of the most effective remedies for constipation. However, it should be remembered that it only works in the early stages, when there is no stool for 1-2 days. At this time, you can give your baby tea or a decoction. If the situation is more neglected, then in addition to fennel, it is necessary to give medicines.
Where to get?
Fennel-containing products are available over the counter. They are sold in the form of tea, "dill water", powders for solution preparation. Choose preparations without artificial additives and sugar.
- Tea is produced in granules and filter bags. The most popular are "Hipp", "Bebivita", "Babushkino Lukoshko". Prices in Moscow and St. Petersburg: from 70 rubles for 20 grams to 300 rubles for 200 grams.
- Dill water is sold in different concentrations. It is necessary to carefully read the instructions for use on the packaging to determine the dosage. You can buy in Moscow and St. Petersburg at a price of 220 rubles for 15 ml.
- Popular preparation with fennel "Plantex" Is a powder made from fennel extract, essential oil, glucose and lactose. It is used in the form of a solution. The price for Moscow and St. Petersburg is from 320 rubles per 50 grams of the drug.
- Fennel seeds can be purchased separately to make your own tea. They are sold in pharmacies, grocery and agricultural stores for seeds. They will cost from 100 rubles per 100 grams. Fennel seeds from India are of good quality.
When buying, you should pay attention to the quality of the raw materials. It must be fresh. Seeds are smooth, light green in color.
If you grow fennel in your garden, you can prepare it yourself. In this case it is important to dry the raw material well so that it does not deteriorate during storage.
Fresh fennel root can be found in some stores. Its cost will be about 100 rubles apiece.
So, we learned what fennel is. This is a simple, affordable and natural remedy that can be given to newborns so that there are no problems with the tummy, to calm down and improve the immune system. It is enough to follow simple rules and dosages to make your little ones feel calm and satisfied.